Hello everyone, from July 20 to August 8 I was in Bulgaria as the Australian Deaflympic Team Physiotherapist. I had so much fun! I learnt plenty of Australian Sign Language (Auslan) and made a lot of friends.
My typical day consisted of:
- 7am – Team Meeting
- 8am – Breakfast at the hotel
- 9-11 am – Physiotherapy with tennis/swimmers/athletics athletes
- 11-12pm – Nap!
- 12-1pm – Lunch at the hotel
- 1-3pm – Physiotherapy with the swimmers
- 3-7pm – Free time, I typically explored the city.
- 7-8pm – Dinner at the hotel
- 8-10pm – Physiotherapy with the swimmers and tennis players
- 10pm-late – Bulgarian Nightlife. Imagine a street filled with gypsies, mafia and 2000+ Deaf people. It was ridiculously fun times.
Check out some of my pictures.
Top Left Jamie: One of the most hillarious guys I’ve ever met. Every single time I was around him I was laughing.
Top Centre Stephen: Top bloke. The veteran of the team.
Top Right David: Team manager. Kept the team out of trouble.
Bottom Left John: This guy needs to write a book or blog. Loves the inspirational quotes.
Bottom Centre Me
Bottom Right Glen: Absolute machine. Played probably 8 games of tennis in 10 days. He did not appreciate the cold showers I put him through hahha.
Amy Mills – javelin gold medalist. Was coming 4th up until her last throw. Smashed her personal best by 3 metres to win gold. Top effort.
I definitely miss Bulgaria. The next Deaflympics will be in Turkey 2017.
I’ve got some big blog posts coming up so stay tuned.
Do skoro (bye in Bulgarian),